Translate

Friday 20 February 2015

Lunar New Year & New starts


With the passing of Lent and the Lunar New Year, the emphasis for me has definitely on new routines and fresh beginnings.

I have been squirreled away most of the year however I am spending a lot of time reading peoples blogs and on social media which may have been too much of a substitute for real life interaction however sometimes we all need that hibernation time

.

For now though it is obviously time to start stretching and planning things.
One of the twitter peeps @atanae posted a link which got me thinking :




Since then I have been flitting between the 2-5 range which means at least my blogs are seeing a bit of a refresh.

So after some google+ inspiration and in the spirit of 'learn a new thing' I thought I would share my first messy attempt at some crochet stitches.

 Myinspiration - Yvonne Mabbott who has been creating a 365 day blanket and the update pictures are so lovely and colourful.

Crochet - Beginner stitch

Crochet - Single crochet

First attempt

Unravelled and 2nd attempt


I am glad to see my friend and fellow blogger is already embracing the 'New start' idea too so I am looking forward to hearing her new findings from a new course. Here is the link if you want to check it out too


Now as for my own goals for the month, I need to squeeze in a visit or 2 to some art galleries for an essay and would like to time to catch up on some craft bits.

Theme challenges that are incoming are:

Love - Any media

Love magic -Clay


Although if I want to get them included i had better get my skates on!


No comments:

Post a Comment